[Shorewall-users] I quit.

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 18 20:33:00 PDT 2005

On 17-May-2005, Tom Eastep wrote:
> I would like to express my appreciation for all who have used
> Shorewall and who have enriched my life through Shorewall.

Thank you, Tom.

Thanks for the great gift of Shorewall in the first instance.

Thanks much more for directing and developing it far beyond the point
where it was your own itch to scratch, while keeping it a simple and
understandable system.

Thanks for the enormous energy over an extended time in documenting,
supporting and cluebatting the user base of this great tool.

I'm personally grateful beyond what I have ever been able to give back
to Shorewall and yourself, for this gift of design, energy and grace.

I'm sad to hear that it has cost you inordinately, but in the end:

Thank you, above all, for passing on the baton with dignity and
consideration for all concerned -- especially yourself.

The best to you and yours in your future endeavours.

> Shorewall will always be a part of my life that I look back on with
> fondness.

I don't doubt that it will always be here for you to come and visit
:-)

--
 \          "Jury: A group of 12 people, who, having lied to the judge |
  `\       about their health, hearing, and business engagements, have |