[Shorewall-users] outgoing redirect

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Tue Mar 23 12:11:36 PST 2004

I am trying to help a school run dansguardian transparent. I added the
following to shorewalls rules, and from a tail of messages it seemed to be
working, but he called saying no one had Internet. What should the rule be
if this does not redirect port 80 to 8080?

REDIRECT  loc        8080     tcp      www              -
!10.192.0.2 (web on dmz)
ACCEPT    fw         net      tcp      www

Raymond

.Appeasement is feeding a crocodile in hopes of being eaten last

                 --- Winston Churchill