[Shorewall-users] Three NIC Setup

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sat Mar 20 12:41:55 PST 2004

Aaron Axelsen wrote:

> I have shorewall runnig on my linux box which contains the nics.  They are
> used as follows below:
> Eth0: dsl modem
> Eth1: connection to lan
> Eth2: backup internet connection
>
> My question is, Is it possible to configure shorewall to use eth2 only if
> the connection on eth0 is unavailable?

For the most part, I don't see this as a Shorewall problem. You should
be able to configure Shorewall the same way as recommended in FAQ 32. I
would avoid one-to-one NAT and Proxy ARP.

> If so, could anyone offer any tips? Thanks.

I would think that you could simply adjust your routing depending on
whether eth0's connection is available or not.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net