[Shorewall-users] Default "reject" ports

Graham Knight graham at idledale.com
Tue Oct 28 15:39:51 PST 2003

Hello,

	New shorewall user here - I have a question about the ports that
shorewall is setup to reject instead of drop by default. The ports I am
concerned about are 113, 135, 139, and 445.

	Do most people leave this as is, or do you put in specific rules to
DROP  so that the ports are stealth? I was going to just add the rules,
but thought I'd see if anyone knows of any reasons why I shouldn't.

	My port 25 is going to be open anyway, so it's not like i'm completely
stealth....

Thx,
  Graham

--

And as an afterthought, this must too be told,
Some people are taking pure bullshit, and turning it into gold.

What's happening in Idledale? Not Much!   http://www.idledale.com/