[Shorewall-users] Confused about interfaces/services

Bryan S. Scott bscott at strategal.net
Wed Oct 8 18:06:15 PDT 2003

Hi All,
If this information is in the FAQ or elsewhere I apologize. I do not
know enough information to even formulate a proper search.

I have a two interface setup, I used the two interface 'Quick Start'
configuration v1.4.6c, and installed via RPM v1.4.6c. My OS is RH9
running kernel v2.4.20-6.

The question is:
1: When configuring for services, where are they considered running.
What I mean is if I want to open ssh(22) so that I can get to it from
the inside is it?
ACCEPT loc fw 22 22
ACCEPT loc loc 22 22
Basically are services considered to be running on fw or loc?

Currently I can not ssh when the firewall is running.

Thank you,
Bryan Scott