[Shorewall-users] Simple VPN tunnel setup question

Mike landers at lanlinecomputers.com
Fri May 23 10:03:16 PDT 2003

    I have set up two open vpn setups, both for car dealers, which  has been
running for 2 months without any problems, the internet went down once on
one but it
fixed itself once the internet was up. The first one I set up I booted the
boxs and left short of some Shorewall rules walked away and have been back
since. They are running parts, accounting and finance through the
tunnels.All windows boxes going through the vpn with a mixture of XP,
win2k,win98 One of the vpns even has a third vpn that connects So they could
sell cars at a remote location. So it supports multiple vpns.
    One of the apps uses emulation software in which each keystroke has to
go through the vpn, each keystroke from the users goes through the vpn at an
average of 15ms per keystroke. Just like you where there as far as speed.
Uses automatic compression when needed for large transfers.
    Easy to set up I built the 5 boxs and used Ghost to image the other four
Linux boxes with Dell600sc server boxes at $350 a piece Which support rh 7.3
and
Rh 8. Comes with keyboard and mouse and server board with a gigbit network
card.
You can use Linux version of Ghost I used Nortons.
Mike