[Shorewall-users] multiple nic's of the same card type

John Andersen jsa at norcomix.dyndns.org
Mon May 12 21:21:51 PDT 2003

On Monday 12 May 2003 06:59 pm, Cal Evans wrote:
> Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I've had a box running with 2 Tulip cards in it for
> about 5 years now.  Every time I load a new distro on it I have to figure
> out which is which. I've NEVER had them switch once the OS is loaded. (and
> I update early and often!)
>
> If it happened right after you loaded a new distro then that may be the
> problem.

The hardware enumerates the nics based on which slot they are in.
But the software decides wether to scan from top down or bottom
up.  I've never known one distro of linux to do it different than another
since they are running mostly the same code.

--
John Andersen - NORCOM
http://www.norcomsoftware.com/