[Shorewall-users] Ports 139 and 445 are accepted after upgrade

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Tue Dec 30 19:41:20 PST 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Mario Juric wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from Mandrake 9.1 to 9.2 and discovered that ports 139 and
> 445 are accepted from the net even though my rules configuration is setup to
> only accept 80, 443 and 25. I ran the portscan from
> http://www.securitymetrics.com/portscan.adp, which tells me that the ports
> are "closed", not "stealth" as they used to be. I do not understand why. Can
> someone help me with this?

Possibly Mandrake can -- You have upgraded from one version of Mandrake to
another and now you are posting on the Shorewall list asking what went
wrong. Does that seem right to you? Doesn't to me.

At any rate, you might look at FAQ #4 as I suspect that the answer to your
question is there somewhere.

> My current Shorewall version is 1.48.

No it isn't -- there is no such Shorewall version.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net