[Shorewall-users] Services

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sat Dec 27 07:22:41 PST 2003

On Friday 26 December 2003 08:26 pm, g wrote:
> I love the shorewall. I use it with Mandrake 9.2  I used the 2-network card
> download version and used the associated files that go with it. I was able
> to get the port forwarding issue resolved but unfortunatly, lost all of the
> other servies like port 80, 21 etc. I see that you have the DNS port
> available, but is there a way to have the port forwarding issue (for my
> pptp VPN) resolved while still having the ability to allow chosen ports
> through?

George -- please review http://www.shorewall.net/support.htm for clues about
how to ask for help. The above paragraph is almost devoid of useful
information.

Also, you might consider posting on the Newbies list
(shorewall-newbies at lists.shorewall.net) as the problems you are trying to
solve sound pretty basic.

> I realize that it will take time and I will pay a technician to resolve the
> problem for the ability to have the default shorwall program that goes with
> Mandrake 9.2 (with the masq settings) able to port forward and provide the
> pptp VPN, while running all of the chosen ports through.

I don't offer any fee services for Shorewall. Shorewall is free software with
free support but that means that you have to be willing and able to provide
the information necessary to define the problem you are having. If you are
unwilling or unable to do that then I suggest that you choose a commercial
firewall product.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net