[Shorewall-users] firewall for cable modem setup

curlybraces curlybraces at dialogsl.net
Sat Dec 27 08:24:03 PST 2003

Dear Friends ,

I have a DHCP server and configured two different networks in the dhcpd.conf file. i tested that it works well .so now my requrement is implement this dhcp server for the cable modem setup . it has two paths .if a clients try to access internet using cable modem they will take a seprate ip from the dhcp server's that certain pool and also if some one try access Cable TV using the cable modem they will another ip from the other ip pool.I tested that it works well. so now i have facing for a big problem , that is security . This Cable modems are provided/selling by our company . This all devices has diferent different MAC Addresses.

If some one try to fix a different cable modem for the network that access must be unauthorized. So i triesd to do this using  iptables , but it wont work. but according to shorewall documentation it can be done .

so , can some body help me to do the configuration ...........pls

thank u ,