[Shorewall-users] Re: blacklist and not working dhcp

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Thu Dec 25 08:29:45 PST 2003

On Thursday 25 December 2003 07:51 am,
shorewall-announce-bounces at lists.shorewall.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I have added to blcklist 4000 ranges of ips (ipfilter from emule).

Incredible -- 4000 ranges????!!!

> In intercafes file:
> net     ppp0    217.96.90.242
> loc     eth0    255.255.255.0           blacklist,dhcp,maclist

The broadcast address on eth0 is clearly wrong!!!

> but now my dhcp dont work coretly:( It have started but doesn't give
> any information to computers in my network, but I can in each computer
> write IP, gate and mask myself and then it is working correctly.

I haven't a clue why you are blacklisting these hosts from your local network.
Blacklisting works on the *source* address.

> I thought that balcklist option should be last: dhcp,maclist,blacklist
> but also don't working. Then I thought that it shouldntt be on eth0
> interface but ok ppp0 interface, so i move this option:
> net     ppp0    217.96.90.242   blacklist
> but my dhcp also doesn't work.
>
> What is going on ? Where this option should be and why my dhcp doesn't
> work after shorewall restart ?

Did you leave the 'blacklist' on eth0? If so, I'm guessing that you are
blacklisting 0.0.0.0 and/or 255.255.255.255.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net