[Shorewall-users] Firewall Requirement

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sat Dec 20 10:20:25 PST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 09:33, Bhavin Modi wrote:
> I think I presented the network in a wrong manner.
>
> Here is the correction.
>
> Router(/30) < -- > Firewall external interface (/30)
>                           Firewall DMZ interface (/24) <----> Public Network
> (/24)
>                           Firewall pvt. network interface (rfc1918) <---->
> Private Network (not used as HTTP filtering causes extra load on firewall)
>

> The gateway for firewall is the router IP address.
> The gateway for public network is firewall DMZ interface address.

To answer your first question, Yes Shorewall can be used in this
configuration.

You are going to have to do some reading though so you can ask more
specific questions about configuration; "How do I configure the above"
is asking us to do your job for you. I suggest that you start at
http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_setup_guide.htm.

There are other users on the list that run high-volume Shorewall
configurations and hopefully they will be able to give you some advice
about the hardware requirements.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net