[Shorewall-users] Shorewall as default gw and a second router n the lan

NDEE ndee at anyweb.at
Thu Dec 18 20:41:08 PST 2003

Hi,
in one network, I am running shorewall as default gateway and set up a
static route on this machine, which "routes" clients asking for a
certain net to a different router. This works fine, because I have the
policy LAN -> WAN ACCEPT.

Now in a second installation, I have the same, excpet that LAN->WAN is
on REJECT and only ports permitted by rules are allowed. In this
scenario, the route forwarding does not work and I dont know, which
rules will enable this.

tia

ndee