[Shorewall-users] why accounting doesn't take zone instead of interface?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Dec 18 16:28:18 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 16:18, Tom Eastep wrote:
> > the accounting doesn't cope with "net:1.2.3.4" but handles
> > "eth0:1.2.3.4". Since "net" is "eth0" (defined in interfaces) wouldn't
> > be possible to make it working with the zones as well?

> Patches cheerfully accepted.

I just asked because I didn't know if it was possible or even logical to
allow zones there. Glad to know it's possible and also logical. But
don't expect me hacking Shorewall anytime soon - I'm busy with so many
other things now - for example the shorewall accounting output needs to
be fed to rrd somehow. Looking into that right now.

Petr