[Shorewall-users] Log parsers that work with shorewall ?

Leslie Hazelton seawolf at attglobal.net
Wed Dec 17 20:39:39 PST 2003

I would like to have a good log parser for my shorewall firewall.
Specifically, I want detailed reports on iptables blocked packets,
including date and time. I saw the list in (FAQ-6a) and got a copy of
logwatch because Tom said it was the one he chose.

I find that the kernel service provides a limited summary of dropped
packets, but not in a format I can use.  Being somewhat lazy, I was
wondering if anyone else is using logwatch and has made such
modifications they would be willing to share.

I scanned the shorewall documentation and user guides looking for a page
like the one where Tom shares his personal shorewall configuration but
found nothing relating to logwatch. I also scanned google and the
logwatch mailing list archive with the same results.

---
Les Hazelton
--- Registered Linux user # 272996 ---