[Shorewall-users] linux not accessible through VPN

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Wed Dec 17 11:54:49 PST 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 11:46 am, mrmailer wrote:
> ok, my mistake, i need
> 192.168.100.x
> 192.168.101.x
> 192.168.102.x
> 192.168.111.x
>
> Someone said I need the equiv of changing loc to 192.168.0.0/16
>
> all to have access over the eth1 interface.  Or, can I just disable
> shorewall on eth1 and have it only work on eth0? That would be ideal.

You have given us absolutely no evidence that Shorewall is in any way involved
in your problem. If "shorewall clear" allows access to the Linux box and you
want to open all traffic between your firewall and local network then you can
simply add the following policies:

	fw	loc	ACCEPT
	loc	fw	ACCEPT

and remove all fw<->loc rules from /etc/shorewall/rules.

If "shorewall clear" doesn't help (be sure to "shorewall start" after testing)
then you have a problem that is totally unrelated to Shorewall.

AND WOULD YOU STOP SENDING YOUR REPLIES TO ME AND TO THE LIST -- I subcribe to
the list and will get you messages if you just post them there, believe me.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net