[Shorewall-users] linux not accessible through VPN

mrmailer mrmailer at myway.com
Wed Dec 17 02:22:01 PST 2003

Here is my situation...

Linux eth0->internet
Linux eth1->hub->vpn router

other machines are also connected to this hub.  Other machines can ping and be pinged by this linux machine(and share files through samba).

However, machines on the other side of the vpn can communicate with these local machines(win2k machines), but cannot ping or communicate with the linux machine.

I have the feeling this my be due to shorewall.  Here is my rules file.
Any ideas?

ACCEPT	net	fw	udp	53,67	-
ACCEPT	net	fw	tcp	80,443,53,22,25,109,110,143,9999,25506	-
REJECT	net	fw	udp	137,138	-
REJECT	net	fw	tcp	139,445	-
ACCEPT	loc	fw	udp	7,25	-
ACCEPT	loc	fw	tcp	7,25,137,138,139,445	-
#LAST LINE -- ADD YOUR ENTRIES BEFORE THIS ONE -- DO NOT REMOVE