[Shorewall-users] port redirect and dnat

cpickering at its-linux.co.uk cpickering at its-linux.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 14:53:57 PST 2003

Hi,

Yes this can be done, it is part of the FAQ on the shorewall hompage
www.shorewall.net

Edit your rules file with

DNAT            net      loc:10.0.50.5:80       tcp     8181 # Comment
Here

Edit the above to work with your setup..

'net' specifies anyone from the Internet going to port '8181' on the host
ip is redirected to 'loc:10.0.50.5 on port 80'

- Carl

"Thad Marsh" <thad at marshtek.com>
Sent by: shorewall-users-bounces at lists.shorewall.net
10/12/2003 13:41
Please respond to
Mailing List for Experienced Shorewall Users
<shorewall-users at lists.shorewall.net>

<Shorewall-users at lists.shorewall.net>
cc

Subject
[Shorewall-users] port redirect and dnat

Can you port redirect using DNAT?

Here's what I need to do, I have a server with an app using port 443 for
internal work.  On the same server is an internal webmail server running
on port 444.

How do we redirect the external 443 to 444 within DNAT so web users can
https to the 444 with out having to specify the port on their end?

Thad Marsh
President
Marsh Technology Group, LLC.
15 East 21st Street