[Shorewall-users] No Accounting?

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Mon Dec 8 07:00:24 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 22:24, Andrey Paskal wrote:
> Thank you Tom!
> Now it works.
> But would you  make changes in your web page?
> Since my wrong rules was cut-n-paste of your
> http://www.shorewall.net/Accounting.html example

> Here's how the same example would be constructed on a server with only one
> interface (eth0):

Note the word SERVER!! The rules in the example are intended for someone
running a web server like Apache on a single-interface system. Since you
are the second person to cut and paste those rules thinking that they
were somehow related to web browsing accounting, on Saturday I changed
the wording to try to make people pay attention to what is being
described.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net