[Shorewall-users] Newbie list question ? Or not ?

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Thu Dec 4 13:35:41 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 12:57, Bill.Light at kp.org wrote:

> hmmmm  I suppose it is, and yes, it probably does need to be masqueraded
> across the interfaces in this one box....
>
> At least the question was answered....this probably doesn't belong on
> either "shorewall" list

The question itself is fine on either list.

> What would that MASQ entry look like ?
>
> eth2:172.x.x.x/24               eth1:192.x.x.x/24               # ?? Maybe
> ??
>
> I guess I can go try various options....

This is exactly why I get so tired of answering questions. We've just be
through a two-day marathon on this list talking about people who don't
read the documentation and you conclude that rather than reading the
documentation (http://www.shorewall.net/Documentation.htm#Masq)
yourself, you should:

a) Ask on the list; and if that doesn't work
b) "I guess I can go try various options...."

I'm so discouraged.....

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net