[Shorewall-users] shorewall-newbies

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 4 21:27:34 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 12:54, Tom Eastep wrote:
> I'm just trying to understand what benefit there would be, if any, for
> converting the entire Shorewall document base to DocBook XML and going
> through a much steeper learning curve *myself* in order to be able to do
> what I've been doing all along.

Tom,
I thought the Shorewall community was taking over FAQ maintenance. Is
this correct? Otherwise I agree the benefits probably don't outweigh you
learning to use DocBook XML or Wiki.

> I guess that I would like to see a show
> of hands of people who would be willing to contribute to the
> documentation if it were in DocBook XML format but who decline to help
> maintain the current HTML documentation...

/me raises his hand.

To back it up see attached tarball containing a complete conversion of
FAQs to Simplified DocBook XML.

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs