[Shorewall-users] Newbie list question ? Or not ?

Bill.Light at kp.org Bill.Light at kp.org
Thu Dec 4 12:13:07 PST 2003

Hit my first wall as to which list to use ?

Situation -

I have a working configuration of a Linux box running Shorewall 1.4.8
2.4.20 kernel  (SuSE 9.0 Professional)

eth0   to another Linux box firewall also running Shorewall 1.4.8  this is
how I get to the Internet
eth1  to  a switch with the rest of my internal network
eth2  to work

All internal traffic comes to this same box because it is my name server
and squid server  (behind the "real" firewall)

I currently get into work with a Citrix client to get to a Terminal Server
box...no problem

What I want:

to use any other box in my network running citrix to get to work

i.e.   anything that comes into eth1  with an address of  172.       needs
to go out eth2 to work  (NOT eth1 to the Internet)

It seems I would be able to configure shorewall on this box to re-direct
all traffic on that subnet to go out my eth2 interface ...

Which list do I post this question on ?   (I can re-post on Newbie list)