[Shorewall-users] shorewall-newbies

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 4 19:51:38 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 11:31, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 09:23, Mike Noyes wrote:
> > Reasons:
> >     * DocBook XML can be transformed into multiple target formats
> >       (e.g. plain text, html, pdf, man pages, etc.)
> >     * Content is separated from presentation.
> >     * Automatic index, xref, contents, etc. generation.
> >     * Output customizable with DocBook XSL Stylesheets
> >       http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/
> >
> > There are probably more benefits I forgot.
>
> Ok -- So in your experience, people are willing to contribute to printed
> documentation but not on-line?

Tom,
No. What I'm trying to say is many authors don't want to deal with
presentation details. They just want to write. DocBook XML and to a
lesser extent Wikis allow this. The advantage with a Wiki is you don't
have the CVS learning curve as an additional barrier to contributions.

I'm probably doing a poor job of advocating my beliefs. :-(

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs