[Shorewall-users] shorewall-newbies

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 4 17:19:37 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 08:54, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 08:43, Mike Noyes wrote:
> > I have found that cvs is used, if the documentation is in a format that
> > can be manipulated easier than html (e.g. DocBook XML). We finally found
> > a tool (xxe) that allows pseudo WYSIWYG editing of DocBook XML. This
> > greatly helped our guide creation, but it hasn't helped our FAQs. A Wiki
> > is our next step, in an effort to keep them current.
>
> I must be missing something here -- I do WYSIWYG HTML editing using
> Mozilla Composer; that's the way that all of my documentation was
> created. Are you saying that the "pseudo WYSIWYG" editing in xxe is
> preferable?

Tom,
Yes.

Reasons:
    * DocBook XML can be transformed into multiple target formats
      (e.g. plain text, html, pdf, man pages, etc.)
    * Content is separated from presentation.
    * Automatic index, xref, contents, etc. generation.
    * Output customizable with DocBook XSL Stylesheets
      http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/

There are probably more benefits I forgot.

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs