[Shorewall-users] Re: ProxyArp Implementation check

Ama Kalu ama.kalu at cwlgroup.net
Thu Dec 4 18:16:17 PST 2003

Hi,

The XP firewall is not turned on.

The point of my post is not that I cant send mails. The mail server is working flawlessly. I can send and receive mails.

What process is attempting to send mails through the smtp service it hopes is on 127.0.0.1. I do no suppose the mail server will block itself.

I am wondering if there is some form of smtp exploit that can be done over https. I dont know how this works but I figure If you can exchange a secure certificate with a https site, and one way or another that certificate is forged to be executable, you may well end up installing a back door to send mails from via 127.0.0.1 which most mail servers will treat as localhost and part of the localdomain, thereby bypassing the entire firewall system.

Ama