[Shorewall-users] Re: Cant access the internet

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Thu Dec 4 06:57:46 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 21:11, Francesca C Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Numero Uno ..
>
> If you have the issue fixed with 2.4.28 ...

I think that was a typo -- I think it was also meant to be 2.4.18.

> And You don't have the issue with 2.4.18 ..
>
> Maybe something is wrong with a missing module or something with the 2.4.23
> kernel .. ???
>
> Have you looked at the FAQ ... ???
>
> Have you looked at your logs ???

That's the first place that I would look. And some basic network
troubleshooting seems to be in order given that the symptoms reported
don't mean much by themselves.

> Did you follow the CLEAR instructions before posting .. ???
>
> Post this in the Newbies list after following the CLEAR instructions about
> posting to get help ..

Also, to reassure the OP, there is no inherent incompatibility between
Shorewall and 2.4.23; I've been running that kernel here since the day
it was released.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net