[Shorewall-users] Shorewall Wiki

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 4 01:21:46 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 17:14, Alex Martin wrote:
> I am now confused. I got excited because I have wanted to see how a wiki goes,
> and because I had set one up in the past, and because I try to give what I can
> to support shorewall.
>
> But, remind me why we would want to make a wiki faq?

Alex,
To lower the bar for contributions by writers not comfortable using CVS.
To off-load the FAQ maintenance from Tom.

> Also, Tom (are you out there?), does your faq live in any version aside from
> html?

Not that I know of. I can convert to DocBook XML if you wish. XXE is a
good application for that type of thing.

    XMLmind XML Editor: Download Standard Edition
    http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/download.shtml

> Like docbook or something that can be exported easily? Does it live in
> cvs?

Yes. Look in Shorewall-docs/

> Again, if we shorewall supporters simply moderate and direct list postings, so
> that Tom need not be dissappointed when people do not understand/search/read
> through his excellent documentation, I think that we can once again achieve the
> low rumble of silence and harmony on the lists, and hopefully in Tom's mind.
>
> Maybe I am way off here...?....

Maybe not. I may be the one that was way of with the Wiki suggestion.

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs