[Shorewall-users] Shorewall Wiki (WAS: FAQs (CVS vs Wiki))

Alex Martin shorewall at rettc.com
Wed Dec 3 16:48:17 PST 2003

>     PhpWiki (the one you installed)
>     http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/

PHP Core. I originaly tried a later version which was quite buggy and
downgraded.
It seems that fresh development has been done on this project.
When I originally installed it, I found that development was pretty dead, ie
there had been no cvs changes for a looong time. Maybe new spice has entered
this project.

>     MediaWiki (used by wikipedia.org)
>     http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/

www.wikipedia.org is cool.
This has fresh development going on.
PHP core with mysql database.

>     MoinMoin (used by docbook.org)
>     http://moin.sourceforge.net/

Python based wiki. I am not too familiar with python. This was why I was leaning
toward PHP.

Over the holidays, hopefully we can get enough comments and brainstorming and
formatting / organization ideas down so that we are ready to layout a final
setup.

I am liking what I see about MediaWiki, I will get one of these going over the
holidays.

Alex Martin
http://www.rettc.com