[Shorewall-users] FAQs (VCS vs Wiki)

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 3 22:47:43 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 13:06, Alex Martin wrote:
> I have a wiki setup, I am happy to host one, I would like to give it a shot.
>
> http://wiki.rettc.com
>
> Let's give the wiki a try. If I see anyone attempt to populate this wiki with
> shorewall FAQ info, I will put time into this.
>
> Or maybe a few people can volunteer to help populate this wiki.

Alex,
You took the time to set it up, so I'll put some time in on content
conversion.

Please let me know how you plan to categorize things, and point me in
the right direction. Thanks.

> I can't see a reason that this is a bad idea other than the fact of syncing with
> the real one, but I am sure this could be done programatically at some point.

My thought was the wiki would be a replacement for the FAQs, but there
is a Wiki to DocBook filter available.

    http://www.tldp.org/wt2db/

> Comments? Bad idea? Good idea?

Good idea in my opinion. There were a couple of other choices for Wiki
you could have used.

    PhpWiki (the one you installed)
    http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/

    MediaWiki (used by wikipedia.org)
    http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/

    MoinMoin (used by docbook.org)
    http://moin.sourceforge.net/

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs