[Shorewall-users] Shorewall FAQ

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 3 19:58:10 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 11:44, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 11:37, jorn at jorneriksen.com wrote:
>
> > I also saw a message that said "...Just how do you keep the
> > idiots from posting rubbish"....Please keep in mind that we
> > where all newbies at one point or another.
>
> Francesca was addressing the issue of a FAQ that could be updated by
> anyone. She was concerned (as I am) that such a FAQ would do more damage
> than good.

Tom,
I am too, but a good moderator should be able to handle any problems
that arise from abuse. In addition, the other content (HOWTO's, guides,
website, etc.) will still be controlled.

If the community is to grow up, it needs to accept responsibility. A
Wiki is one way to demonstrate it's ready to be a partner in user
support.

    Note: in my experience, many people willing to write documentation.
    However, that group diminishes considerably when faced with CVS.

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs