[Shorewall-users] Shorewall For Dummies ????

Francesca C Smith fsmith at ladylinux.com
Tue Dec 2 17:04:04 PST 2003

Hello,

I have "Suggested" strongly to Tom that he set up another list to let some
of us filter "Newbie" questions ..

He want's to answer them all .. And well while I wish it was so otherwise ..

If its right to change someday it will happen ..

At 04:21 PM 12/2/2003, you wrote:
>understand your frustration when people ask many questions that are already
>answered in the FAQ and other areas on the mailing list.  Maybe together we
>can think up a better way to help out the "casual" users that get turned
>onto SW and just need a basic setup.  Just thoughts and ideas =)

PHP BB is a hack waiting to happen .. Its security record speaks for itself ..

Webmin Interface is a good way to shoot yourself in the foot ..

I would .. maybe offer a solution ???

Tom .. Let someone else maintain the FAQ page ..

And create the Newbie list .. ( Let Someone Else Moderate IT TOM )

And we can make sure the FAQ is updated from that ...

Cause once you get past the basics .. The FAQ is no longer needed ..

Change the current Shorewall User List into a Developer Only List ..

There the bug's, feature requests etc go ..

I am rambling .. Gotta be this cold medicine

Francesca

"No Problems Only Solutions"
Francesca C. Smith
Lady Linux Internet Services