[Shorewall-users] Re: [Shorewall-announce] help with DNAT rule

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Tue Aug 19 18:08:50 PDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Kenneth Oncinian wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 August 2003 11:20 pm, you wrote:
>
> Good Morning Mr. Tom,
>
> The proxy server is external, located overseas, The idea is to control
> internet access from LAN, so maybe I was kind of thinking that instead of
> the clients proxy settings points to the external ip address, it can be
> pointed to shorewall or something so It can be controlled.

What kind of control do you need?

> I dont have a clue how to control Internet access since proxy server is
> externel and is open to our router so anyone from the LAN can access it.

Well -- you have a firewall in between so you can control access at a very
gross level.

> Hope I have explained this clearly, I really need to have a control about the
> access to the proxy server.

I'm copying your post to the Shorewall User's list -- I simply don't
have the time to deal with people's problems individually. If I answer
your question off-list and someone asks the same question tomorrow
then I have to answer it again tomorrow.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net