[Shorewall-users] ssh to local servers

Matthew Simpson msimpson at market-research.com
Mon Aug 18 11:59:06 PDT 2003

Hi Joshua,

I'm trying to initiate a ssh connection from the redhat 9 box that
has the DSL and shorewall on it to another internal redhat box which
is running sshd, from the loc lan i have no problems, but from inside
the gw machine i get connection refused.  I have followed the
two-interface setup and still no go. Here are the config files
requested. Any help would be great.

zones:
net     Net             Internet
loc     Local           Local Networks

masq:
ppp0      eth0

nat:
<empty>

policy:
loc             net             ACCEPT
# If you want open access to the Internet from your Firewall
# remove the comment from the following line.
#fw             net             ACCEPT
net             all             DROP            info
all             all             REJECT          info

rules:
ACCEPT          loc             fw              tcp     22
ACCEPT         net              fw              tcp     22
ACCEPT          fw          net              tcp     22

interfaces:
net     ppp0            -               dhcp,routefilter,norfc1918
loc     eth0            detect

Thank,
Matt