[Shorewall-users] Mandrake Internet Connection sharing?

Joshua Banks l0f33t at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 08:33:21 PDT 2003

Hello,

I had to reinstall Mandrake 9.0 last night.

When I fist installed Shorewall I used the internet connection sharing app. so that both me and
the wife can be on the internet at the same time. I have a ppp connection to my isp.I'm about 6
months new to linux and I was wondering what extra steps I would need to take to get this working
if I didn't use the internet connection sharing app.
I know right now that if eth0 is up and dial out that I never get out to the internet. I have to
bring eth0 down first and then all is fine. If there are to many steps involved to both the list I
can take it somewhere else if need be. But if anyone can help that would be great.

Is anyone else sharing their ppp0 connection and Shorewall without using Mandrakes Internet
Connection sharing app.?

Much appreaciated.

Thanks,
JBanks