[Shorewall-users] Opportunistic encryption

Homer Parker hparker at homershut.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 01:55:54 -0600

--=._enU5)x79fxFW(

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:23:52 -0800 Tom Eastep <teastep@shorewall.net>
wrote....

> You can of course simply take the brute force approach and add this to
> your rules file:
>
> ACCEPT	fw	net	icmp	0
>
> Don't know where that will lead though...

	Here's the page at FreeS/Wan that tells how to set up the firewall for an
opportunistic gateway... I tried to implement this in shorewall, but... I
must of missed something... Not getting the ICMP errors, but am getting
the other error still, and no data transfer :( Can you convert these to
shorewall rules for me? Thanks!

http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_snaps/CURRENT-SNAP/doc/quickstart-firewall.html

---
Homer Parker

http://www.homershut.net
telnet://bbs.homershut.net

This e-mail message is 100% Microsoft free!

WARNING: THIS ACCOUNT BELONGS TO A RABID
ANTI-SPAMMER NET-NAZI DOT-COMMUNIST.

   /"\
   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    X      Against HTML Mail