[Shorewall-users] Filter by MAC Address

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Dragon Wood wrote:

> Is this supported in the LEAF version?

The RPM, tarball and LRP packages (there is no such thing as "the LEAF
version") support EXACTLY the same functionality in a given release. If
you type "shorewall version" and get a version >= 1.2.9 then MAC
addresses are supported provided that your kernel is built with MAC
address match support.

I seem to have
> some problem with using a rule that reference a MAC
> address like this:
>
> ACCEPT net:~00-0A-BA-0F-00-BA dmz tcp 110
>
> I get an iptable error when I start shorewall. thanks...

Sure would be helpful if you would share the error message with us.