[Shorewall-users] [Newbie] Pb starting shorewall...

Frédéric BOITEUX fboiteux@prosodie.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 16:59:18 +0200

	Hello,

  I'm trying to set up a simple firewall on a gateway host (2 interfaces), but the script fails :

# shorewall start
Processing /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf ...
Processing /etc/shorewall/params ...
Starting Shorewall...
Initializing...
Determining Zones...
   Zones: net loc
Validating interfaces file...
Validating hosts file...
Determining Hosts in Zones...
   Net Zone: eth1:0.0.0.0/0
   Local Zone: eth0:0.0.0.0/0
Deleting user chains...
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
Terminated

* My system is a Debian Gnu/Linux, Woody version, using shorewall 1.2.13-1 (the same problem arise with the 1.2.12-1 version).
* my gateway is connected to the local network through eth0, to internet (via a proxy) through eth1.
* I don't know if the « Net Zone: eth1:0.0.0.0/0 » line and the following line is correct ??

I've tried to run in debug mode (shorewall debug start), but I get a 19ko log file !  The line causing error is :

iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

in the « deleteallchains » function...

If you have any ideas, thanks to help me !

	bye,
		Fred.