[Shorewall-users] PPTP - PTY read or GRE write failed

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:47:59 -0700

--On Thursday, July 11, 2002 08:19:31 -0500 Michael Bush
<MikeB@digitalminds.net> wrote:

> Hi Tom:
>
> Output I sent to the list was generated to the daemon.debug log that I
> setup via the syslogd with debug on.  Have I missed something on setting
> the debug to daemon.debug log up?  I set it up per your previous post to
> another user.

Well, you have missed SOMETHING since there's no pppd debugging output in
the log that you included in your original report. In fact, there is no
pppd output at all!!!

> With regards to the different subnetworks, I agree.  I briefly tried a
> different subnet last night and missed it when posting the log file.
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> Just let me know what I need to provide you to help solve the issue.

I need to see pppd debugging output. Note that this problem is very OT for
this list; I'll take a quick look at your debugging output but will
probably end up refering you to the PPTP server list.

To get debugging output:

Modify /etc/syslog.conf to add the following:

*.debug				/var/log/debug

Restart syslogd

Modify your /etc/ppp/options file to add the line:

debug

Now try to connect -- /var/log/debug will contain LOTS of output