[Shorewall-users] MSN MESSenger FT

Jim Van Eeckhoutte jim@vaneeckhoutte.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:24:00 -0700

Is it possible to send and recieve MSN MESSengers file transfer(tcp ports 6891-6900)on MASQ network with one live ip. Have tried so many different scenarios to get it to work on Bering w/shorewall. I've actually had it working when usin Netgears 311 hardware router/firewall.
On bering I can actually recieve files from friends outside my lan and can send and recieve on internal lan with no problems. What am i doin wrong , what do i not understand;) or can it be done at all when dealing with a masq'd network?

--
Information.... just cant get enough
Jim Van Eeckhoutte