[Shorewall-users] Design Problems for VPN/Transparent Firewall

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:05:48 -0800

On Monday 28 January 2002 11:58 am, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On Monday 28 January 2002 04:51 pm, dgilleece@optimumnetworks.com wrote=
:
> > Regarding Shorewall for proxy arp subnet:
> >

> > Tom,
> >
> > Finally got the time to look into this more closely, and I'm having s=
ome
> > difficulty.
> >
> > I have a basic install of Red Hat 7.2, configured using the
> > "Firewall/Router" option in Red Hat setup.
> >
> > Any help appreciated,
>
> Looks like unprintable garbage in the file. Have you looked at a trace?

In fact, it looks like you edited the file on a Windoze machine and have=20
carriage returns at the end of each line -- use dos2unix on the proxyarp =
file=20
and it should work.

-Tom
--=20
Tom Eastep    \ A Firewall for Linux 2.4.*