[Shorewall-users] Shorewall newbie Question

Michel van der List michel@vanderlist.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:16:16 -0500

>> But as soon as you start/restart shorewall it gets removed unless you
>> have CLAMPMSS=Yes in /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf.
>
> Ouch. So, I fixed that, but I'm still seeing the same symptoms (turned
> the logging bit off, so that things are logged). Connecting on port
> 8080 gives an immediate entry in my kernel log, 80 does not. Tried a few
> others as well, same result. I'l try to forward port 8080, see if I can
> make that work. Revisit the strange port 80 issue again later. Perhaps
> some strange cache is getting in the way somewhere (I'm using my work
> account to check...).
>
> Sorry for all this bone-headedness...

Now I'm even more confused. Happily forwarded port 8080, but port
80 will not work. I'll have a buddy of mine test from his system
later today, but I expect he'll see the same.

Everything else works just fine, including syslog back to another
server, ssh to firewall, etc.

Looking through the status display, I see the expected forwarding
rules.

Michel