[Shorewall-users] Shorewall newbie Question

Michel van der List michel@vanderlist.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:42:18 -0500

Tom Eastep wrote:

> On Saturday 26 January 2002 07:13 am, Michel van der List wrote:
>
>>rp-ppoe already does that, unless I turned it off by mistake. I'll
>>check.
>>

> But as soon as you start/restart shorewall it gets removed unless you have
> CLAMPMSS=Yes in /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf.

Ouch. So, I fixed that, but I'm still seeing the same symptoms (turned
the logging bit off, so that things are logged). Connecting on port
8080 gives an immediate entry in my kernel log, 80 does not. Tried a few
others as well, same result. I'l try to forward port 8080, see if I can
make that work. Revisit the strange port 80 issue again later. Perhaps
some strange cache is getting in the way somewhere (I'm using my work
account to check...).

Sorry for all this bone-headedness...

Michel