[Shorewall-users] Problem with local forwards

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:47:35 -0800

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 06:26 am, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 January 2002 08:15 pm, Chris Freeze wrote:
> > Using the FAQ Question #2, I've set up in my rules file this line, an=
d I
> > have noticed a potential problem.  With a line like this:
> >
> > ACCEPT  net     local:192.168.2.42  tcp
> > ssh,ftp,ftp-data,smtp,imaps,auth,http,https,domain  -  aa.bb.cc.dd
> >
> > Where aa.bb.cc.dd is my external address.  Local redirects don't work=
=2E=20
> > If I however have just the 'http' specified without all the other
> > services the redirect works.  ie,
> >
> > ACCEPT  net     local:192.168.2.42  tcp     http  -  aa.bb.cc.dd
> >

> > Does the local redirect only bind to the first port listed?
>
> The above rule should have nothing to do with local redirection so
> something else is going on with your setup.

Ah -- I see the problem. There's a typo in the FAQ! :-(

The local redirection rule should look like:

ACCEPT=09local=09local=09.......
        -----

-Tom
--=20
Tom Eastep    \ A Firewall for Linux 2.4.*