[Shorewall-users] SPAM Filters rejecting list mail

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:08:04 -0800

Like all of you, I'm concerned about the increasing volume of Unsolicited=
=20
Commercial Email (UCE or SPAM). I am therefore sympathetic with those of =
you=20
who are installing SPAM filters on your mail servers. A couple of recent=20
incidents involving misconfigured filters have prompted me to send this n=
ote=20
to spell out what I will do when these filters bounce or reject Shorewall=
=20
list postings.

When your SPAM filter bounces or rejects list mail, I will:

- Immediately turn off delivery to you from all Shorewall lists to=20
which you subscribe.
- post your email address at http://www.shorewall.net/spam_filters.htm
- TRY to send you an email from a source other than shorewall.net

When you have corrected the problem, please let me know and I will re-ena=
ble=20
delivery and remove your address from the above page (or you can reenable=
=20
delivery yourself by going to http://www.shorewall.net/mailman/listinfo/<=
list=20
name>.

-Tom
--=20
Tom Eastep    \ A Firewall for Linux 2.4.*