[Shorewall-users] Verify option in Shorewall

Jeff Falgout JFalgout@co.jefferson.co.us
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:19:17 -0700

That'll be great!=20

Thanks for your quick response. . .

Jeff

On Friday 11 January 2002 10:03 am, Jeff Falgout wrote:

> Is there an option in shorewall to verify the rules, policy, config, etc
> files are syntactically correct before actually restarting shorewall?

No.
> If
> not, would there be much work involved to add, say, "shorewall verify"
> which does a dry run?

Yes -- it's quite a bit of work because most startup errors are caught =
by=20
iptables or ip or one of the other utilities. The GUI that I'm working =
on=20
WILL verify the correctness of a configuration though.

-Tom
--=20
Tom Eastep    \ A Firewall for Linux 2.4.*
AIM: tmeastep  \ http://www.shorewall.net=20
ICQ: #60745924  \ teastep@shorewall.net=20