[Shorewall-users] Verify option in Shorewall

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:11:22 -0800

On Friday 11 January 2002 10:03 am, Jeff Falgout wrote:

> Is there an option in shorewall to verify the rules, policy, config, et=
> files are syntactically correct before actually restarting shorewall?

No.
> If
> not, would there be much work involved to add, say, "shorewall verify"
> which does a dry run?

Yes -- it's quite a bit of work because most startup errors are caught by=
=20
iptables or ip or one of the other utilities. The GUI that I'm working on=
=20
WILL verify the correctness of a configuration though.

-Tom
--=20
Tom Eastep    \ A Firewall for Linux 2.4.*