[Shorewall-users] ipforwarding to more than 2 servers

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:42:03 -0800

On Friday 11 January 2002 08:31 am, Patrick Munis wrote:
> My network setup is such that I have Gateway/firewall server running
> shorewall with two interfaces and 6 others server behind it on my
> private lan. I want to be able to run some services from the server on
> private lan from the outside. For example, I have a win2000 running
> windows media and I want to be able to point to the from my
> Gateway/firewall server. I might be wrong but the shorewall config
> allows for only ipforwarding for only 2 servers, how do port more than
> two servers.

The two-interface sample only supports two servers.  Shorewall itself has=
 no=20
limit on the number of servers. I reasoned that if people have more than =
that=20
then they have a serious server environment and will configure Shorewall=20
directly.

If you want to retain the current parameterized flavor, it would be a fai=
rly=20
easy hack for you to modify the /etc/shorewall/params and=20
/etc/shorewall/rules file to add additional servers.

-Tom
--=20
Tom Eastep    \ A Firewall for Linux 2.4.*