[Shorewall-users] Adding to the blacklist

John Stroud bear@amberorder.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:34:55 -0800

Hi all,

I liked Charles's simple little cat script to add IPs to the blacklist, as
I'm usually one to do things the hard way (vi /etc/...).

I did a little tinkering, and came up with something helpful (to me, anyway)
to try.

Putting this command:

 echo -e $1 \\t '#' "${@:2}" >> /etc/shorewall/blacklist ; shorewall refresh

into a bash shell script allows additions to the blacklist with comments in
a single command (I could never remember all the IPs and why I black listed
them)

Hope this is useful.  If I missed something obvious, feel free to let me
know in a direct reply so as not to clutter the list.

John S.

Tracking #: 2F17C9A9E537A647B0E53527F28E00744A2055FD