[Shorewall-users] Portforwarding within a zone

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:47:00 -0800

On Sunday 06 January 2002 12:43 pm, Chris Freeze wrote:
> On 06-Jan-2002 Tom Eastep wrote:
> > May I ask why you have http clients in your DMZ? Seems like an odd
> > arrangement.
>
> Wireless access point is in the DMZ.
>
> >> My problem has been in trying to get each zone to use it.
> >
> > Are you saying that your local zone won't use it either?
>
> I'm trying to ram all outbound http request through the proxy.  I havn'=
> been able to get a client in any zone.
>
> > And your web server rule looks how?
>
> ACCEPT  net     dmz:192.168.2.42  tcp     auth,http,https,domain,4000  =
-
> xx.xx.xx.xx
> ACCEPT  net     dmz:192.168.2.42  udp     auth,http,https,domain,4000  =
-
> xx.xx.xx.xx

What about your local proxy rule?

-Tom

PS -- you have a number of redundent rules above since auth, http and htt=
ps=20
NEVER use UDP.

-Tom
--=20
Tom Eastep    \  teastep@shorewall.net
AIM: tmeastep  \  http://www.shorewall.net
ICQ: #60745924  \  Firewalls for Linux 2.4