[Shorewall-users] redirect virtual webservers

Goetz Reinicke goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:13:21 +0200

Paul Gear wrote:
> Magnus Stenman wrote:
>

>>Goetz Reinicke wrote:

>>>How?
>>
>>Client looks up "www.virtual.server", gets a cname to your external IP.
>>It connects (this gets forwarded to the internal web server) and
>>tells the web server that it wants pages from "www.virtual.server"
>>(the Host: www.virtual.server HTTP header)
>>
>>web server returns pages.
>

> Interpretation: this has nothing to do with Shorewall.  It is handled in
> your web server configuration.

I wasn't interested in how the webserver handles virtual servers ;-) but
how to setup redirect of the requests to one public ip to multiple
namebased virtual internel web serves.

But I think, I'll try ip aliassing and something of that kind..

Thanks anyway!

Götz

- Götz Reinicke -------------------- mailto: greinick@filmakademie.de -
   IT Koordinator                                   Tel: 07141/969-420
   IT-OfficeNet Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg    Fax: 07141/969-55420
- Mathildenstr. 20, 71638 Ludwigsburg ----------- www.filmakademie.de -